Monday 2 August 2010

Crafty Cardmakers - Spotlight on 'Punches'

At Crafty Cardmakers this week, we have a technique spotlight and the theme this week is 'punches'.

I rather like the Martha Stewart punches as they're so easy to use and have so many lovely designs.

My base card is a rose-coloured Bazzil 'Bling' and over that, a hammered cream card which I've bordered with the large deep Martha Stewart dasiy border.

This I 'daubed' with chalks to bring out the texture and to add a bit of interest

Next I used my Mega Curved Rectangle Nestie to make a mini-card to adhere to the front of the main card, and this I first mounted on some pink pearlescent paper I'd punched with another Martha Stewart small border punch.




I used some rose-pink ribbon to trim both cards, adding definition and made the tag with a tag punch and scraps of paper & pink mylar tape.


The large flower was created with a poinsettia Nestie and a blossom Nestie and the large leaves are individual leaves of a Sizzix poinsettia die.


Hope you like it...!
Hugs,
Ei x

5 comments:

  1. Great card Ei - the flower is fab and it's full of so many beautiful details! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everythign about this ! The flowers are great! And the border punch is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is gorgeous!! I love the colors you used and all of the layers!...thanks for stopping by! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flower is spectacular! I just love all the details, and the frilly borders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love your colour combo and your flower is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...