Wednesday 25 August 2010

C.R.A.F.T 65 - Milestone Birthdays/ Anything Goes.

We have some exciting news this week!  
Well, it's a little bit bittersweet actually because the good news is we are having a DT Call so if you love C.R.A.F.T (and who doesn't?) and you fancy making the demo cards for our challenges, put fingers to keyboard and e-mail us with your details and a link to your blog, so we can have a nosey around.

The sad news is, we're losing about half of our team.....(...sniff...)  including me (Eiglas)....(..sniff sniff...) Andrea.....(...sniff sniff sniff...) the supertalented Julie (.....sniff ...sniffle sniffle...) and our wonderful leader for the past......well...AGE...Claire (HopeJacare)....(.....WAHHHHHH......!)

We all get on so well and work together so well as a team, it's a real bummer that life sometimes intrudes but, well, life does do that sometimes and this is one of those times.
We'll all be back now and then to do a Guest DT spot or perhaps act as a sponsor (like Claire is this week) but we're needed elswhere just now for a whole mass of different reasons.

However, back to this week!
Our theme this week is Milestone Birthdays / Anything Goes so any of the big birthdays are very welcome but if you don't have one then come up with something else that COULD be a BIG celebration.  For instance, my card was made for a very clever lad called Ben who has just got his GCSE results of 6 'A's and 6 A*'s ! What a celebration will be happening in his house tonight!




I must apologize for my photo! I'm usually so fussy over photos but I didn't have long to make this card (my neighbour asked me last night..!LOL!) so I was very rushed to get the piccy before the light failed this evening and I must have jogged the camera. (Of course I'd already given it to my neighbour so couldn't re-take...!)

I used the inner card 'filler box' from a tin of card and turned it on end so the 'hollow' looks like a stage.

To this, I added yellow card, creating 'wings' that fold over to create the 'front' of the card.
These I covered with papers - DCWV Rockstar to the front and back and a K&CO graffiti style paper to the 'wings' inner.

The front was finished with a blank cd adhered with 3D foam pads and a guitar charm. The alphabet spelling out 'Ben U.R.A ' is Tim Holtz Vintage. I shaded and distressed with Tim Holtz distress ink 'Black Soot'.

The male image on the inside, is 'TRMikey' by Louise Brigden and can be bought from Charmed Cards & Crafts. I coloured Mikey with my copics then decoupaged him, leaving enough of a blank piece of card at the bottom so you can fold it and adhere him with ds tape to the 'stage'.


Hope you like it - my neighbour was made up with it!

Hugs,
Ei
x



3 comments:

  1. great card, good luck to all the new dts, pop over to mine have a little something for you hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh love this hun its brilliant,hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Ei - love the layout and I am sure Ben will love it!Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...