Monday 16 August 2010

Spotlight on Spotlight technique! - Crafty Cardmakers 27 & Polka Doodles

I thought I'd done most crafty-type things in the many years I've been crafting but I'd not come across this technique before - you learn something new every week at CraftyCardMakers!




To say it was 'interesting' is an understatement - I can't tell you how many images I botched before vaguely succeeding with this one! LOL! Just shows - no-one knows everything!LOL!

The idea is to  leave one or more circular areas on your image not coloured in. Or you can do it the other way round and only colour in the circular area, as I have done.

Trust me....it's not as easy as it looks!



In the end, I've used papers from Creata, flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, the fabulous image is from the Doodle collection of HopeJacare and is coloured with my lovely Copics.
The glittery circle is a sticker from Paper Cellar.

HopeJacare Doodles are available from StitchyBear Stamps, the best digi shop on the web!

I've also created this card with Polka Doodles in mind. They have a lovely competition on at the minute with a set of Letraset AquaMarkers as the prize!
I'd love to try these pens - I've heard so much about them and would like to see if they're as good as my faithful and lovely Copics!
If you pop over there, it's on until the 31st August.


I hope you like it and if you fancy having a go at this technique, pop over to CCM and enter it into our blog!

Hugs, 
Ei
x

8 comments:

  1. aww this is amazing honey!
    Your just so talented!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I'd still be sitting staring at a blank page. Never a time that I don't find something I love when visiting your blog. hugs, the other ei

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really clever Ei - determined to make some time and give it a go - sure it's very Challenging! Your colouring is wonderful and I love the mix of textures. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, Ei - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love how you did the spotlighting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its beautiful, well done for keeping on with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ei, I don't know what you were worrying about this card is amazing. I honestly thought you had decoupaged it somehow as the colouring is absolutely perfect! I am in awe and a little jealous!

    Lin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a cool technique! kind of like spotlighting. I'd stamp it twice, color one image in and punch out the cirle and glue it on (I'm lazy;) looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...