Friday 20 November 2009

The Four Seasons - Secret Saturday 58

This is my entry for Secret Saturday's Challenge 58 the theme of which is 'The Four Seasons'.
I was chuffed this theme was chosen because I have this set of stamps, which were amongst the first I ever bought, and I love 'em! I've made a set of pictures for my hall walls with them and have been dying to use them again. I already had them stamped up and coloured meaning them for just this opportunity.

I made up a little verse to suit each of them and hope you like the mini-book I've made with them.






I took four pieces of plain 'rustic' white cardstock and put them through my Bind It All, one side each on two of them and both edges on the other two.

I then started to decorate the cards and used a very similar method on each, just changing the colours chosen to suit the season mentioned.

I used Cut and Dry foam and Adirondack, Archival and Tim Holtz distress inkpads in a 'distress' style all over the edges of the cardstock.

I stamped random edges of Spring, Summer and Autumn with some lovely 'swirl' stamps from La Blanche and Winter with a large Snowflake stamp, all in complimentary colours.

Then I mounted the image on 3D foam to the decorated A5 cards.

I then created some paper 'ribbon' by taking some quilling strips and cutting them lengthways into thirds.

Using this 'ribbon' I joined the four cards together, stapling the ribbon together.
(You could also use brads for this or 'real ribbon and tie it.)

This done, I now finished off the decorating with flowers, butterflies, leaves, berries and glitter.

Oh, and I must just mention, the images were coloured BEFORE I discovered Copics! I used Marvy-le-plume, Zig photo-twins and Sakura pens! So there! LOL!

I hope you like it, because I really enjoyed making it and even have an idea for a variation, so may well do it again!
Thank you for looking!
Hugs,
Ei
x


7 comments:

  1. Ei your project is beautiful! Love the images.
    Hugs, Magda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutley stunning mini book ei,just stunning
    good luck in the challenge
    lalkygirl[tracey x]

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ... that's it, just WOW. You never cease to amaze me. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is brilliant hun love it such a fab mini book hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ei, this is just stunning. I've enlarged each photo to read the poems. They are so beautiful, I can understand why you love them so much. The colours and flowers and swirls and everything are beautiful, I'm gushing now!!!!!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...gush away Hun, gush away....! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mini book. I love it. You are very clever my friend.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...