Tuesday 4 August 2009

Midnight Tilda


This is the project I started with a little 'distress' in mind! LOL!
I think I may have got a bit carried away!

I used Cosmic Shimmer sprays in Peacock Green and Purple Violet, Ranger Adirondack & Archival dye inkpads and Opalite Iridescent Inkpads with cut & dry foam.

The Tilda image is decoupaged & layered and coloured with Copics. The tree is from a Wendy Brown stamp called 'friends' (which is a trio of owls cuddled on a tree branch).
Now you might wonder where this might fit in, blog challenge-wise, but it just so happens that 'My Time To Craft' is having the theme of their Challenge 72 'neglected or forgotten stash', which half of the stuff on this card is!
To begin with, I've had the Ranger inkpads for at least four years and have just taken the cellophane off most of them to practise 'distressing' and in the end plumped for the colours you see here. In addition, the Opalite pads have the same story. Loved the idea of them but never found a use until this card. The Sizzix Texturz embossing plate I bought about two years ago and have never used it at all (...slinks away ashamed...)!
The Wendy Brown stamp, much as I love it, I have never used before. It just sat, looking reproachfully at me from it's stamp drawer
The perfect pearls I have also had since about 2003! Pots are still full folks...! The oak leaf punch was the very first punch I bought, from QVC in 2002 and I've used it ONCE before. To test it!

The Tilda stamp is new......

Thank you for looking!
Ei
x

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, you sound a bit like me!:-)
    Congratulations on making the DT and look forward to working with you. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats with your DT member ship at CRAFT Challenge !!!

    Look forward to work with you.

    Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Eileen. Looking forward to working with you on the CRAFT design team and congratulations!

    Love,

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I didn't know! How exciting!
    Thank you for your good wishes!
    (Skips away, face glowing and head growing bigger by the second....)
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! And such a beautifully coloured image!
    Thanks for joining us at MTTC this week!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card - lovely midnight colours! Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...