Wednesday 5 March 2014

LOC Challenge 26b - Die cuts

Still continuing our die-cuts challenge, this is our halfway reminder and I have a new project for you.

This time I've used another Ike's Art image - 'Finch on a Pine'

I've coloured mine in the style of a great tit with my Copic Sketch markers and re-produced the snow with Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue (any white glue would do though) and Polar White Flower-Soft mixed with a bit of fine white glitter. 





My background die-cut is from Spellbinders Shapeabilities Collection  - Botanical Swirls and I've used a Bazzil-type cardstock in two shades of moss/olive green for this and the frame round the bird.

The frame around the bird was cut with a die from Go Create  ( 6x6" Frilly Square #8) though which I sponged Tim Holtz Distress Inkpad  Peeled Paint.

The pine cones are also Tim Holtz - Tattered Pinecones Bigz Die but the fir branch die-cuts are from a Marianne die.

I hope you like this card and feel inspired to pop over to LOC to see the wonderful work of my teamies. We all have such varying styles that there will be at least one demo that will 'speak' to you and, perhaps, inspire you to enter your own card into our challenge!
See ya there!
Hugs 
Ei x



T

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful - wonderful die cuts and such gorgeous colouring on the image. ! Thank you for using one of my images. :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ike, it's a lovely drawing. You'll notice I've used a few of your images - I enjoy using well-drawn digis - not a fan of poorly drawn images at all.
      Thank you so much for your comment and your super drawings!
      Hugs
      Ei x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...