Thursday 29 March 2012

Midweek Magnolia

As you know, I've been MIA for a while now but I'm trying to get more done with the limited spare time I have.  I saw a friend's entry for Midweek Magnolia and it inspired me to have a go.  I am, it appears, rather rusty! LOL!  Never mind, I'll get better with a bit of practice!

Here's my card.


I used my own Eiglas  'Roseheart' papers and coloured my Tilda with a mix of Copics and Lyra pencils.
I know it's an unusual colour choice for a rather girly Tilda, but I wanted to do something a little different. With a very girly little granddaughter, I'm at risk of drowning in pastel pink....!

I may actually try this sketch again with another colour pallette - I have a rather nice message I just found at the bottom of a box and I'd quite like to use it for my little Ada's birthday in two weeks, but for now, this will suffice for the challenge over at Midweek Magnolia, I think you're allowed two but I'll need to check that.

See you soon!
Hugs
Ei
x

6 comments:

  1. Really lovely card, like the flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour combo, it's a very pretty card with the beautiful flower sprays too. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ei, it's so lovely to see you crafting again. Your card is beautiful. Papers and flowers are amazing but your colouring is still as gorgeous as ever hon. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous creation with us over at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck in the draw and with the Gdt call.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow!! Nothing rusty about this Eiglas!! Just goes to show you never lose it! Your colour combo is really striking and your shading of Tilda is just beautiful and I love your take on the sketch!! And yes, you may enter as many times as you like over at Midweek Magnolias - I'm so pleased you found us, it's great to see your blog in action again! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much ladies for your lovely comments - they are very much appreciated!
    Thank you Anne, for the info on entries - I'll do my best to get another in this week before Wednesday!
    Hugs
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsers, fabulous colouring!!!

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...