Friday 23 September 2011

......and finally!

My two wonderful grand-babbies are both being Christened on Sunday and I've finally finished their cards.
If and when I get time, I'll make the boxes too but at least the main thing is done.


Here is Ada's....


I've used a Magnolia Tilda stamp for the main image coloured with my Copics and I've used the colours of the dress she will wear. She's also going to have gold glittery shoes! Everything is from stash except the Cuttlebug butterfly and Sizzix leaf dies. The inner I have made with K&Co candy stripe paper and a Brenda Pinnock spot. All papers are edged and distressed with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet.




and here is Toby's!


I have used a right mix of papers for this - all from stash. The plain blue and the 'fan' type pattern is Papermania and the stripe was from C&C. The image I've used is an adorable HouseMouse stamp from Joanna Sheen and I've coloured it with my Copics. 
I chose the image because Toby is HUGE for his age and so very strong! I've used a Nestie label as an aperture for him to peep through. The blue die-cut half behind the image is a Tim Holtz 'Baroque' with a heart 'Mover & Shaper' in the middle. The white leaves are Sizzix and the foil heart borders were the result of my sharpening my Martha Stewart edging punch! The rosette is Tim Holtz again and everything else from stash! 



I hope you like these - I'm quite pleased with them.  I've also made two gift-wallets for them - all papers K&Co Baby Boy and Baby Girl.





They're well looked after children and want for nothing and Mum has enough trouble with the belongings they already have in their little cottage so a money gift will be appreciated! Hope you like them! 


I've also managed to photograph a Christmas Card I made about a month ago - I couldn't find my camera-charger!


I finally got my jewellery out of the way and also finished some pressing family matters, so here is the Christmas card I've been trying to photograph for a month! LOL! 


Anyway, here it is! I made the aperture by folding the lovely dp in half, allowing it to fit though my Bigshot and used the fabulous Nestability Christmas ornament die. It was a bit of a faff positioning it but effective once mastered!


 I used more Nesties to make the smaller ornament and the layered snowflake. Inside the aperture I placed a piece of pearlescent card which I had embossed. It was finished off with ribbon, a couple of tags and a pearl brad.


Hugs 
Ei
 x


Entered for   :-
Simon Says Stamp - Dies to die for
Creative Card Crew - Babies

4 comments:

  1. The christening cards are just beautiful, money is always a good option I find, hope the day is as beautiful as your gifts.
    Love the Christmas card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! These cards are all amazingly lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week for our punches/dies challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow Ei, these are both completely gorgeous! Made with love and it shows.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Eiglas,
    I Just arrived at you blog. I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works!
    Many Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...