Friday 17 April 2009

Greetings, Hello & Welcome.....

...to my very first attempt at a blog!
This silver surfer has, at last, given in and joined the 21st century! I have a website but have been assured a blog is different and very necessary! So here I am!

16th April 2009
- Today...!
It's a very special day for me. It's my baby granddaughter, Ada's, first birthday! And she's so beautiful.....
...oh, don't worry, I'm not going to go off on a self-indulgent monologue about my wonderful family.....well, not yet anyway!

It's Me....!
I've been a crafter all my life. I remember being small, about five or six I think, and having a great urge to create something.
Coming from a poor working class family in Liverpool, England there was no such thing as fancy paper or pens and certainly no scissors worth the name in our house, so I improvised!
I had found the board from an ancient board game that had long-since lost its boot, dog and racing-car shaped companions and there was a piece of plainish wallpaper left over from a previous decoration of the front parlour that my Mum had given me to draw on (...to shut me up!).
I had a small end of bottle amount of brown gum with which I stuck the carefully-torn wallpaper onto the board.
Whilst this dried, I wandered around our garden (we were very lucky - we'd been allocated a council house on a very nice estate with gardens back and front. Mum had almost stalked a man at the council until he gave in and gave her what she wanted!) and collected leaves from all the trees and shrubs out there.
Then I stuck them on the board in, what I believed to be, an attractive fashion and painstakingly labelled them with their names (...gleaned from my aspiring gardener Dad...!).
Hence was simultaneously born my triplet passions of crafting, nature and research!

Enough about Eiglas for now I say!




6 comments:

  1. Sorry, i welcomed you to Blogland on your second post!
    Congratulations on Ada's first Birthday. she is such a sweetheart and I bet you make the perfect Nana
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rozy,
    Thank you for your welcome, which is 'welcome' on any post! LOL!
    I'm going to try to upload stuff today!
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ei ! Good for you venturing into Blogland, I look forward to following you and your ramblings and creations, and Belated birthday wishes to young Ada :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh! Thank you Toni! Very kind Chuck!
    I'll try not to bore for England....! LOL!
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi and Welcome Ei! I just love the picture of Ada, and the caption made me laugh so hard Claire came to have a look. Lots of AHHHH, isn't she so sweet.... from both of us.Give her a cuddle from me.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the world of blogging. What a great start, some lovely pictures, especially of Ada. You'll soon be addicted.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...