Thursday, 25 March 2010
C.R.A.F.T 42 - Easter
I love Eastertime. It's the new beginniing, the opportunity to start life afresh after the winter.
In my garden, we have about eight or nine nesting-boxes and I'm thrilled that four of them already have incumbent birdie families! You can hear the little ones cheeping away - it's a wonderful sound and I'm so blessed to be able to go into my garden and listen to them.
It was with this influence in mind I made my other demo card for Colour Create but for C.R.A.F.T 42 I have another new image from Mo Manning to introduce.
Her name is Savannah and she's tending her lickle chicks. I love all of Mo's images as you know, so I won't say it's my favourite, but it IS cute as anything, isn't it! LOL!
1 x 21cm gatefold white card.
1 x 21cm pastel patterned sheet from Paper Pizzaz '4 Seasons'
1 x 14 x 10.5 cm rectangular mat in buttercream
1 x approx 18.5 x 14 cm rectangular sheet of heavy white paper or light card
4 multi-layer flowers (I made mine with a Martha Stewart 'Cosmos' punch)
30 cm piece of patterned ribbon
3 x small gems
Adhesive of choice
Image of choice. I've used Mo Manning's 'Savannah' and coloured with Copics .
It's a very simple card so no clever techniques involved.
1) cut your patterned paper to fit both front leaves of the card. I used scalloped-edged scissors for mine. Adhere to leaves (I used my Xyron).
2) colour image and mat it onto the buttercream mat. Tie your ribbon around it to one side. I popped a little daffodil through the knot.
3) using a punch (I used a Marthat Stewart punch) edge the white mat.
4) adhere the buttercream mat onto the wite lacy one with 3D foam pads.
5) adhere your flowers to the corners of the mat. I used the brads they were made with on mine.
6) adhere this completed mat onto the left hand leaf (as it faces you) with ds tape or, if you're worried about positioning, silicon glue gel.
7) if using one, insert your inner.
And that's it done! I hope you like it!
Now as you can see I've used yet another 'cute' image on this card.
Just as a matter of interest, I've been looking at peeps blogs as I've been doing my follow-ups for C.R.A.F.T and Colour Create and there are ver fre projects on any of the blogs I've seen that are not adorned with 'cute' imagery.
There are Tildas by the multitude, Gorjuss Girls, Whimsy, Whiff of Joy, lovely Penny Blacks and, of course, even my favourite Mo Mannings and they're all, with very few exceptions, 'cute'. Even Mo's elderly incumbents, Jack & Ginger are cute, in a wrinkly kind of way!
So I'm throwing down a personal challenge! There will be loads of 'cutesy' images uploaded to the C.R.A.F.T challenge this week and that's wonderful and as it should be but I personally want to see some offerings WITHOUT the cute images. And I'm going to make it a real challenge and tell you it had to be a stamped and coloured image, no decoupage or Kit cards will be considered. I want to see YOUR work, not Kanban or Miss Bibby's or some cd imagery!
What am I offering for all this trouble I'm making you go to...?
It's a mystery! But it will be worth it!
Just upload your project to C.R.A.F.T in the normal way and if you have made a piece of art in the way I've described, you will be in with a chance of a nice mystery prize! It is a good'n, I promise you.....and you'll also still be in with your normal chance of the ProMarkers too!
So, get thinking and let's se what you can do!