Tuesday 9 March 2010

Mikey In Monochrome


I look forward to the Allsorts challenges - they always seem to make me think 'Yeah, I'll do that one!' and as I don't have a great deal of spare time and I don't usually combine more than two challenges, I'm a bit fussy about which challenges I enter.

This week Allsorts have come up with a 'Just for Men' theme and so have Creative Inspirations , which is a challenge in itself to most of us and a welcome relief to the Mother's Day theme's everywhere! Don't get me wrong - I'm all for Mothers and their Day (I am one) but there are only so many cards you can make for a Mum who passed away in 1997!

I do, however, just happen to have a wonderful 'number three' son, my lovely Rob, who has a birthday on the 17th March (..he was my very best Mother's Day present...!) so I made this card partly with him in mind, but I think it would suit several possible other occasions, including anniversary, 21st birthday, driving test pass and my Hubby suggested Wedding too although I'm not too sure about that one! LOL!

You'll have noticed the monochrome pallette...? 'Shades of Grey' is the theme this week for the Saturday Challenge at Secret Crafter this week! And I think it looks fab too, in its white through silver, dove, slate and black.

I know it looks like there's some blue there, but there's not - it's the silver Mirri card reflecting the sky in my conservatory! It's another lovely day here in sunny Liverpool...!LOL!

I can't get this site to let me put piccies anywhere other than at the top just at the minute so my usual format is shot and you have this huge block of text to read without anything interesting to break it up.


There's not much to tell this week. The four different cardstocks are all from stash and aren't any particular brand or range, except for the mid-grey textured background card which is Bazzil Bling.

The image is the cute Mikey from Charmed, Delectable Stamps
and I've coloured him (...if you can call grey coloured...?) with my trusty Copics (C3, C5 & C9) and decoupaged him.

I cut a mat from pearl grey 'Stardream' card with my latest Nestability die and created the misty background by adhering a car peel-off strategically and rubbing over it with a grey pastel pencil.

I then used various grey chalks (...old eyeshadows actually...!) to give texture.

Then the peel-off was removed, leaving a 'resist' image of the car.

The Mikey image was then mounted using 3D foam squares.

I folded back the corner of the front page of the card to look like a lapel and used a brad to secure a white flower like that in Mikey's lapel.

The little key and 'fob' I stuck there to hide a little ink-smudge I accidentally made! I would have preferred it on the other side actually! LOL! Told you, I'm nothing if not a crafter!


Hope you like it (...and my Rob too...!)
Hugs,
Ei
x




15 comments:

  1. Hi Ei

    This is lovely! I am sure your best mothers day present will appreciate it!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely

    Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgreous card. I love the layout and the image you have used.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is great thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous male card love the colour scheme...x

    Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Ei, stunning layout and colours - that is one gorgeous image too. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week. Good luck in the draw. Hugs Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is just gorjus love the image and super detail too thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card, I know the feeling my own mum passed away in 2005

    Thank you for joining us on Secret Crafter, makes sure you join us on saturday as something very exciting is happening

    Vicky DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card, love it!!

    thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts :o)

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Eiglas,
    Fantastic male card,love it!
    Thank you for joining us this week over at creative inspirations and good luck.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is a fab male card just love it hun!Thanks for finding time to join us over at creative inspirations.Good luck hope to see you gain next time
    hugs jude:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great male card Eileen, love your embellishments too. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great male card hun, love the image & the colours you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...