Thursday 4 March 2010

C.R.A.F.T 40 - Mother's Day



I'm sorry I'm late posting this week's demo card. I made it well in time and even forwarded it to the challenge blog early but
unfortunately my poor lickle Ada was poorly yesterday and I was at the hospital for hours. I'm afraid I just had more pressing things on my mind and time just didn't allow.

But, hey-ho, got there in the end!

C.R.A.F.T 40 is a Mother's Day card. Sadly, I lost my loopy Mum (tales of my Mad Mum are here) in 1997 so I don't have anyone to make one for, but here's the one I would have made for her!



It's an A4 pale lilac pearlescent 'Stardream' card, scored and folded into equal thirds.

The front I decorated with some mint and lilac Bazzil Bling cardstock punched with my Martha Stewart punches.

Once punched out, I edged them with General's soft pastel pencils (pastels are a bit like chalk but stronger colours) to give interest and dimension, then finished off with a floral topper from stash (Brenda Pinnock I think) and a couple of adhesive gems.

The insides, I decorated as the muse took me, just adding bits of paper, ribbon and a few more of Brenda's little embellishments.

For once, no Mo image and no Copics! See, I can do it......! LOL!

Hugs,
Ei
x

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card I just love it

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the edges. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely gorgeous card Eileen, I absolutely love it. Your mum would have loved it I'm sure.

    Love,

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, I love all the layers of eyelets. These colors are gorgeous together. I love the creativity with this card... thanks for the deets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Ei - I'm sure one your mum would have treasured! I do hope Ada is alot brighter today. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi hunny !
    love the card , and the soft pastel on it looks gorgeous... i used to used soft pastel , dont know why i dont use them now lol ... so much nicer then chalks !

    hope little un is ok .x
    love
    maddyx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...