This week on C.R.A.F.T. we have another sketch from yours truly. Now, I've been told it looks a bit scary, but really, it's not, I promise! Here it is.
You can use any colours and materials and you can rotate the sketch provided you have a triangle and a circle in the juxtaposition shown. So there! It's not a bit scary! LOL!
Over on C.R.A.F.T, our fab DT have made some beautiful sample cards using the sketch and you really do need to have a shufti at their personal blogs - they really are talented ladies and I'm proud to be one of them.
What's more there's a fab prize of a Cosmo Cricket paper stack for one lucky C.R.A.F.T.E.E!
Here's my effort anyway. Because I've done so much cutesy pastel-style stuff recently, I fancied a real change so I've gone for a folk-art style.
1 x 21cm square natural card
1 x 23cm triangle of hessian
1 scalloped circle of card in cream
1 scalloped circle of card in brown
Skein of wool thread
1 x large felt flower
1 x small felt flower
5 x medium paper flowers
6 small wooden beads
Red-Brown inkpad (I used Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge) for distressing
Dk brown inkpad
Scroll-y stamps (mine are form an Chinese set)
Adhesives of choice
Couple of photocorners if liked
As usual, I don't do very complicated projects, so it's just as you see!
1) Distress the edges of the square cardstock with the red-brown inkpad.
2) Stamp the scroll stamps to the outside corners and odd small scrolls randomly
3) Sew chain-stitch down two adjoining edges of the hessian
4) Adhere the hessian to the card
5) Using 3d foam adhere the brown circle, then using 3d foam mat the cream one on the brown one
6) Using a dark cream or light brown chalk, chalk the edges of the cream circle.
7) Adhere the flowers in position then the beads
Why not pop over to C.R.A.F.T and enter your project - you might win the Cosmo Cricket stash!
And check back here tomorrow evening as it's my blogaversary on Friday and I'm marking the occasion with some lovely candy! Not only that but it's also my Ada's second birthday too so it will be worth visiting for!