Thursday, 8 April 2010
Colour Create 42 - Lilac, Grey & White
I thoroughly enjoyed making this project for Colour Create! I just adore this colour combination of Lilac, Grey & White (inspiration piccie inmy sidebar) and had just received that lovely bunch of hyacinths from my darling DIL so it seemed appropriate to include them!
You really need to pop over to the Colour Create Challenge Blog - the demo cards are wonderful and you won't regret also popping over to the DT's blogs for a quick look-see as they're really talented girls and their blogs are an inspiration!
1 x A4 white card
1 12 x 12 sheet of patterned paper (mine is K&Co)
1 x A4 DS Pearlescent paper (I used Stardream) in lilac
1 7 x 5 cm scrap of white card
1 7 x 5 cm scrap of lilac gingham vellum
1 x 11 x 6.5 cm scrap of dull silver grey card for tag
1 x mtr of lilac satin ribbon for handles
Selection of paper flowers to taste
Adhesives to taste.
I just made it up as I went along really!
1) Take your white card and score a panel of approx 6cm right across the middle. Fold the 'leaves' inwards and this 'U' shaped card is your basis.
2) Cut two 8cm x 21 cm strips of your pearlescent paper and fold each lengthwise down the middle forming a valley. Then score & fold back on themselves, approx 1 cm in from edges forming two 'mountains'.
3) Fold a 'hem at the end of each of approx 2 cm ensuring the deeper 'valley' points inwards into the bag.
4) Using ds tape on all three sides adhere these to the 'U'shaped white card forming a 'gusset'.
5) Using your ribbon, first make two small bows for the embellishments, then cut in two equal lengths.
6) Adherethese lengths carfully to the exposed DS tape on the sides of the gussets to make handles.
7) Using your deep punch (I used a Martha Stewart punch) and your Stardream paper, make two borders, one for each side of the bag. Adhere with adhesive of choice (I used my Xyron).
8) Take your patterned paper and cut two pieces approx 8cm deep and edge with your narrower punch.
9) Chalk or ink around all four edges lightly to add dimension.
10) Adhere these to sides of bag, slightly overlapping the Stardream border
11) Make your tag with the silver, white and gingham scraps. (The gingham goes over the white to enhance it).
12) Using your flowers and some silicon or pinflair glue, create a mound of fllowers and leaves to the left of the front of your bag I used about 12 flowers plus berries and leaves.
13)When you're happy with that, stick TWO 3d squaers together making a high 3-4 mm pile and adhere to the far end of your tag. Tuck the 'sharp' end of your tag under your flower mound. Add a couple of flowers to the tag.
14) Finally, add your two satin bows to the ends of the ribbon handles on the front of the bag.
Hope you all like it!