Wednesday 28 April 2010

C.R.A.F.T 48 - Shaped Cards



Although I have 'made stuff' all my life, from clothes to paintings to making menus for bistros to the side of a fleet of vehicles for a friend's business, I started crafting in the modern sense in about 2001/2.

It wasn't long before I was rubber stamping and I found the stamps available didn't suit my needs so I went about finding out how to make them myself.

I've also drawn stuff all my life so some of my old drawings became rubber stamps and although the term 'digistamps' had yet to be coined, I did use my drawings in that way too way back then!

The card I've made for this week's C.R.A.F.T is from one of those old drawings.

My children, when they were very small, had the loan of a friend's rocking-horse her own children had outgrown and that was the basis of my drawing and subsequent rubber stamps.


There isn't much in the way of materials or method really!

I used my digistamp version on white card and coloured it with my Copics then decoupaged. A touch of Stickles and - voila!

To be honest, I could have done more to the card, had I had a little more time but I've had Ada overnight this week so my spare time has been eaten into!

Hope you like Dobbin - I have others, once I can get into my old hard-drive!

Hugs,
Ei
x



2 comments:

  1. I love Dobbin- one of the best rocking horses ever! Great card Ei!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...