Monday 14 February 2011

Crafty CardMakers 39.5 - Spot on Plastic


For this week's super challenge at Crafty CardMakers, I've used shrink plastic...for the very first time! And despite having visions of ending up with a small globule of melted plastic on the end of my tweezers, it was actually quite easy and great fun!

I stamped Tilda onto the plastic, but coloured her on the 'wrong' side in quite strong colours. 

This proved to be the hardest part as the plastic didn't seem to like any of my mediums - including my lovely Copics! -  very much and the Lyra pencils ended up the best. 


I then cut her out and heated her with the heat gun. Using my Tim Holtz Baroque Bigz die, I cut out the medallion behind Tilda and heated that. 


Tilda was adhered to this with jewellery cement and a jump ring attached. I then inked the edge of the medallion with a Krylon 18ct Gold pen. 


This whole was then attached by a piece of gold thread to the card and the little sequins added. Lastly an acetate dragonfly was adhered. The gold spots are just peel-off waste.






Once again, the dark got here before my project did! I'll try to replace it in the morning.


Hope you like this and I do urge you to pop over to CCM - my teamies are much cleverer with plastic than I!


Hugs
Ei
x

8 comments:

  1. Ei, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the shape you chose to stick your shrunken Tilda to. You seem to have gotten the colours just right too, cos shrinking makes them so much darker, which is not too bad on clothes but is a killer on skintones, lol Yours, however, is just right.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Ei. I love the way Tilda is hanging from that jump ring. And I'm glad to see someone else saves their peel-off waste, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. tis gorjuss hun, love your take on it hun, well done, love the way she hangs there

    hugs
    judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely! I love how you've got Tilda hanging like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ei , just love it. very pretty card and gorgeous little embellie. Very creative.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ei
    This is just amazing!
    Just stunning wee card and love the shrinky stuff!!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous Ei! Shrink plastic can be quite tricky so youve done really well with it. Lovely design hun x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOoh lovely colours and love how Tilda is hanging onto the jump ring, very clever.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...