For this week's super challenge at Crafty CardMakers, I've used shrink plastic...for the very first time! And despite having visions of ending up with a small globule of melted plastic on the end of my tweezers, it was actually quite easy and great fun!
I stamped Tilda onto the plastic, but coloured her on the 'wrong' side in quite strong colours.
This proved to be the hardest part as the plastic didn't seem to like any of my mediums - including my lovely Copics! - very much and the Lyra pencils ended up the best.
I then cut her out and heated her with the heat gun. Using my Tim Holtz Baroque Bigz die, I cut out the medallion behind Tilda and heated that.
Tilda was adhered to this with jewellery cement and a jump ring attached. I then inked the edge of the medallion with a Krylon 18ct Gold pen.
This whole was then attached by a piece of gold thread to the card and the little sequins added. Lastly an acetate dragonfly was adhered. The gold spots are just peel-off waste.
Once again, the dark got here before my project did! I'll try to replace it in the morning.
Hope you like this and I do urge you to pop over to CCM - my teamies are much cleverer with plastic than I!