Wednesday 2 July 2014

...Disaster Dog-show Day...!

It rained.  And it rained.  And then it THREW IT DOWN!

I poured down from the minute we got there at 9:30am until about 2:30 - 3:00pm.

My gazebo has a cover but it doesn't have sides, so when the rain decided to come SIDEWAYS.......!

Disastrous.  Everything was getting soaked and my table-cloths were sodden so we had to re-group.

Fortunately, we had a very good friend with us. A District Commissioner of Scouts for whom camping on a muddy field in the lashing down rain is meat and drink!

And my amazing Hubby had a brainwave too - he took himself off to the local pound shop and bought some of those see-through plastic dust sheets you use when decorating and attached them to the sides of the gazebo so the damage was limited.

In the end, I didn't get anything out except my Pet Portraits, which are behind glass and a few of my cards, which are in poly bags.

We did not take one single penny all day.  As it was all going to be for the dog charities, that was a blow.

It was very demoralizing ....until my Lola won a third in the 'Prettiest Bitch' category! :D   


Who is the MUMMY then....!

I'll add piccies later as Nic has gone over to see his Mumsy and taken the camera with him.


Hugs
Ei x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...