Friday 3 January 2014

LOC Challenge 22 - New Beginnings

Today is the new Challenge on my new DT over at 'Left Of Centre'.  I'm not in this one but I thought I'd still let you know about it so you can pop over, have a little shufti and, perhaps, enter a project.

The theme, appropriately, is 'New Beginnings' and if you check out the blog, you will see all the beautiful cards made by my new teamies!

I'll be in the next one - already made my demo card - and it's a super change for me so I hope you will all pop over and cheer us on!


I've also had a little time over the holiday to do a bit of sketching and played with my pastels and chalks on New Year's Eve whilst sitting with the OH in the living-room.


This is my pup Lola having a snooze on the couch. She's lying on half-a dozen cushions which she painstakingly re-arranged to her own comfort before snuggling down for a good sleep!  Normally, I'd have a photo to show you to compare but because she was soooo sleepy and still for so long, I managed to do this one as a life (...or should that be STILL life...!) study.  

She'd been on a long walk up Moel Famau with my husband, son and my son's Labrador and they were ALL exhausted and slept like logs afterwards.

I did a couple of other pastel sketches too and was pleasantly surprised by the outcomes as I've never really used pastels before. They were particularly good for Lola as you can actually draw in white - all white or all black dogs are a nightmare to draw!

Off to make some more.... well, not sure yet, but SOMETHING! lol!  Bound to be messy whatever it is!
Hugs
Ei x

2 comments:

  1. Ei this is fabulous how I wish I could draw, I know what you mean about the cushions having to be just so :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Scrappy! I keep meaning to get my paints out too. Going to make more of an effort this year.
    Hugs
    Ei x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...