Sunday 24 April 2011

Colouring things with Copics

I've got a bit carried away with my Copics I think! LOL! - Nothing is safe!
After colouring that charm bracelet last week - if it doesn't move it gets Copic-ed!


I've had a watch in my drawer for about 15 years that I loved but it wasn't an expensive one and the chrome plating eventually wore off leaving a patchy chrome/copper bracelet which tarnished and made a mess of my wrist.  But I loved the face so I didn't throw it out and just gave it to Ada as one of her 'treasures'.


She's now grown out of her 'treasure' so I looked at this watch and thought 'Hmmmmm.....' and hey presto...




...here it is coloured with my Ultramarine Blue pen and varnished!


As you can see, it's also accompanied by an old brooch which had suffered the same fate.  I'm not sure I like the way I've done the brooch but the beauty of this method is, it comes off if you want it to! I could re-colour these on a monthly basis if I so wished!


Anyway - just thought you might like a peek!
In the photo, it looks a bit dusty, but that's just the talc I dried the back off with 'cos it was still a bit tacky from the varnish!


Don't forget to check back in tomorrow for my Crafty CardMakers demo.....it's another wowzer from CCM!
Hugs
Ei
x




Entered for  Shannon's Sentiments - Anything but a card (106)
Delicious Doodles - Anything goes! (125)
If the Shoe Fits - Scrap it! - Reuse/renew  (5)

3 comments:

  1. What a cool thing to do, and so eco friendly and pretty! Thanks so much for sharing your craft with us over at "The Shoe"!
    -Tanisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea hun! Wish I had some of those copics!!
    Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, good luck with the draw!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea!!! Thanks for playing along with our Sentiments challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...