Weddings are such happy times in our lives. The celebrations and the family-orientated good feelings are some of the nicest we experience.
C.R.A.F.T this week give us a choice of either Wedding or Birthday (with a optional extra of 'cakes') as our theme so I've chosen the 'Wedding' option (without cakes!).
Our sponsor this week is Toucan Scraps who have given us these lovely papers to play with!
Pop over to Angela's shop and take a look!
1 x 21cm square cream textured card.
1 x Yellow marbled paper from 'Deborah's Wedding' Collection from Toucan Scraps
1 x Yellow & Brown stripe paper from 'Deborah's Wedding' Collection from Toucan Scraps
1 x Brown 'Flourish' paper from 'Deborah's Wedding' Collection from Toucan Scraps
25 cm beige braid
25 cm brown satin Ribbon
Two scraps of copper satin mirri card for mats
Two copper or gold-coloured 'hangers'
Five cream roses
Two cream punched hearts
One coloured image, in this case my own Eiglas 'Wedding Carriage' digistamp
Copper border peel-offs if liked.
It's a very simple card despite the formal look.
1) Adhere the marbled and the striped paper across the cream square card at about just under halfway for the striped paper. (Punch the corners of the papers first should you like and also distress the edges at this stage too - I used Whispers 'Chestnut' inkpad for this.)
2) Adhere the beige braid across the join of the papers
3) Mat the coloured image onto the brown flourish paper(previously backed with a scrap of card for strength) and then this onto the copper satin mirri card. Trim with copper peel-off if liked.
4) Adhere the mat with 3D foam squares onto the paper-faced square card.
5) Attach the satin ribbon and the hangers.
6) Attach the roses in a row beneath the image mat. I used silicon glue for this
7) Make the sentiment mat with a scrap of copper satin mirri card, a small scrap of cream card and copper peel-off.
8) Punch the hearts and adhere them, overlapping, with 3D foam
9) Position and fix the butterflies.
I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...
This week at CraftyCardMakers we're folding stuff! For my project, I've prepared a very simple Origami box, which could be used fo...
I can't believe it is March already! :O I haven't had time for much artwork as I am now back at work and time just seems to evapora...
There are very many Copics tutorials on the net, some great some not so great so I hope I don't upset anyone by making one on here! I...