Monday 8 November 2010

Crafty CardMakers - Spotlight on Dry Embossing

I've been very remiss lately and actually had to remove a spiderweb from my embossing box! That's how long it is since I've done any embossing LOL!
So I was very pleased that the theme chosen at Crafty CardMakers this week is Dry Embossing - it got me back actually using this lovely, if sometimes tricky, technique.








I could have got the Big Shot out - I've just bought Tim Holtz's embossing folders - but I thought I'd have a go at the original technique on vellum with a couple of ball-tools and I've also added some paper-pricking too!













The backing paper is K&Co Winter Wonderland and the flower is Petaloo from 'Across the Sea' set. The colouring is with Copics and the holly leaves topped with glossy accents. Red adhesive gems were popped onto the berries to give a little accent.  The holly border is Martha Stewart and I've embossed some leaves too.


You really need to pop over to Crafty CardMakers to see the wonderful projects by my team-mates and our sponsor is the fab Prairie Fairy!


Look forward to seeing all your entries!
Hugs
Ei
x

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Ei,
    What a fabulous card ! Well done on all the embossing,just love all the detail !
    Thats such a pretty flower too..
    hugs
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Ei. The contrast between the bold and festive colours and the delicacy of the embossing is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Ei - lovely embossing and I really like that Martha Stewart punch - beautiful! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is beautiful. Such a lot of detail in the holly border alone. You must have the patience of a saint.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...