Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Top Tip Tuesday 18 - Word Book or Use a Sentiment Challenge

You really need to go over to Top Tip Tuesday for this! My team-mate Carol has made a fab tutorial on how to make a word book! I can't wait to have a go myself as I've never made one!
This week, if you don't feel up to a word book for your entry, just make the main focal point of your project a sentiment or verse.




Also we have a fab prize for someone from our sponsor 







Some lovely goodies there!


I've made mine this week, for my daughter's partner (...there MUST be a better word for such a close relation, especially such a lovely one...!) Antony.


I couldn't find what I wanted ready made so I made mine myself.






The papers are Shabby Princess papers which I've printed off myself and layered. The inkpad is Tim Holtz 'Tumbled Glass', the leaves an L-Em punch and the verse mats are Nesties.  There's a little bit of Copics Spica to give a bit of glimmer too.


I'm entering this into the Wild Orchid Challenge as they have the same theme as us this week!  I buy all my paper flowers from them although, ironically, there are none on Antony's card....well, blokes don't like roses, do they?


I hope you (...and Antony...!) like it!
Hugs
Ei
x




ps
I don't know what's going on with Blogger but my piccies keep going funny and disappearing!
I've fixed them a couple of times now but they may disappear again.
If soemone could let me know that would be good!

6 comments:

  1. OMW Ei, this is just amazing. That beautiful and heartfelt sentiment has me crying. Antony must be so pleased his 'MIL' who isn't actually loves him!

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Ei, this is very beautiful and I love the wonderful verse.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ei this is just stunning! That verse is fabulous - well done...a poet as well as a talented crafter???
    A gorgeous addition to this weeks TTT DT offerings - thanks for being a great teamie :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hunny! I totally love this the colours are just awesome! I love the way you have cut round the pattern of the paper too! hugs Samantha :0)

    ekkk you have word verification on hunny xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Ei, love the verse too! Never knew you were a poet too!! There's a little something for you on my blog if you'd like to pop over! hugs Jacky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x